White fish is delicious! You want to make sure you don’t consume the larger types of fish since they have a heavy metal count that is too high, making it toxic for the body.
Try this recipe. It makes 6 small servings. Remember you should eat no more than the size of the palm of your hand (including thickness) of any meat per day. Remember: Your vegetable intake should take up at least ½ your plate, your meat about ¼, and your grain or starch about ¼.
Preheat oven to 350º
6 (3 0z) cod fillets (or other white fish)
3 t. organic butter
3 t. extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
dried or fresh parsley
Celtic sea salt (or other high mineral natural salt)
Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Arrange fish on baking dish.
- Squeeze lemon over fish.
- Smear oil and butter on top of fish.
- Put garlic and other seasonings on top of fish.
- Bake until fish is just past translucency (you don’t want to bake too long because the fish will dry out and won’t be nice and flakey).
- Garnish with fresh rosemary or parsley and black olives (crushed red pepper is optional).